Monday, April 7, 2008

Mustard

I love mustard, especially spicy mustard or honey mustard. Then when I saw a sandwich shop named Mustard, knew it was one to try out. But it took me awhile.

The other weekend Evelyn and I were out doing errands. While in the Gateway center at Alicia and Jeronimo, this very tall man, on stilts, walked to our car. I rolled down my window and he handed us a menu to the newly opened Mustards. This very nice lady then proceeded to give us a sample cup of this very delicious fruit salad. We devoured the salad. It was superb! Then we browsed through the menu. Looks good.

Well, fast forward a few weeks. I was headed home from physical therapy today and it was getting close to noon and I was starved. I decided to get some lunch.......at Mustard. Now, I know there is one in Foothill Ranch by the Auto Center, but I was closer to Mission Viejo.

The menu is so big so I decided to ask the helpful guy behind the counter what he recommended. I opted for the grilled tuna sandwich. I don't like tuna runny with mayo. This was not. I got a sample first. The sandwich was served on toasted whole grain bread, which I also love. The sandwich was not a eat in the car while you are stopped at a red light sandwich, but more for sitting at a table sandwich. I devoured it and it was delicious. Served with a pickle too :)

I do give Mustard a thumbs up and will bring the family the next time. They also serve breakfast, soup, salads, panini (my fav) sandwiches, a great kids menu and side menu, and you can also create your own sandwich.

The website is www.mustardcafe.com. This location is at 24000 Alicia Parkway, Suite 22, Mission Viejo. It's right across the parking lot from Starbucks! Also in the shopping center is Washington Mutual, Illusions (where I get my hair done), Angels Scrapbook Garden (going out of business, 40% sale!!), Baja Fresh, and many other shops, oh and and ice cream shop......

Check them out and let me know what you think.

1 comment:

Tara Cross Beam said...

Sounds tasty! Too bad I am not there to enjoy one with you!!!

Take Care-Tara